Friday, January 4, 2008

Money Management

As usual, i dragged myself out of bed in what you could call a cloudy morning to go work. Putting that aside, theres something im looking forward to today, which is opening new bank account. I have decided to have better money mangement this year. By opening this new account, i hope that i could achieve this goal. (Just making a note here, i dun really have much money management all these years)

Oh ya, the bank that i chose to put my spare cash in is Standard Charted Bank. Their interest win the rest of the banks in SG hands down with an interest rate of 1.6% p.a and if you deposit cash into the account between january and march this year you will get a high interest of 2.3%!! which i think is a lot compared to other banks. Anyone who happens to read this could go open an account there as i personally think its good (P.s I'm not trying to promote the bank).

Though its just opening of an new bank account, somehow or rather i'm quite excited about it (kinda funny when thinking back now). Was hoping lunch break arrive sooner when i'm doing my routine testing of muvee autoProducer software. At 12.15pm, i rushed to the bank branch located at Selegie to be one of the first of the lunch break crowd going to bank to do personal transactions. Well, 3 little surprises awaits me there.

1st surprise: The bank is NOT crowded. When i saw that, i was telling myself how lucky i am to arrive at a branch that's not crowded. Entered the door, at the que counter a female staff of the bank welcomed me with a bright smile and offered her assistance to me. Oh man, that smile and politeness really brighten your day (though its already noon). But that was short lived.

2nd surprise: Got my que number and i glanced at the que board. Good, 2 more people before my turn. Make myself comfortable on the spacious sofa and waited... and waited... and waited... AND WAITED.... a total of 35mins.... and theres 9 counters there. I couldnt believe it.. how slow the staff take to process things there... i mean if im not rushing for time there n then i wouldnt have make such a big fuss over it but i got limited lunch break time to bank my money and have my lunch. While sitting there, i keep thinking of the reason why its so slow, maybe the person in front of me is investing big amount of cash etc... (im just finding excuses to make me feel better)...
then came the 3rd surprise....

3rd surprise: Finally my turn came at long last, went into one of the counters and sat down. The same female staff that greeted me sat down and process my application. I was thinking finally i can get it over with and have my lunch (all the excitment i had in the morning was long gone). While she was processing my application, i noticed that she didnt knoe what to do with the computer, like what to key in n stuff. From that, i guessed that shes new to this job. She took my IC and trial and error on the system. What surprise me most is that her collegues were free and around her but none came up to offer help. (She didnt ask for their help though) Normally, opening an account will take probably 15mins at most but it took me more than 2 times the time needed. I just dun understand why no one came to help, i mean they are collegues rite? arent collegues suppose to help each other when they knoe shes in difficulty?

Anyway, though it took me 1 and a half hours to complete the whole new account thing, i'm kinda satisfied with the customer service i got from the female staff that greeted me and process my application ( Not because shes pretty.... coz i can see shes trying hard to do things rite)

I knoe... i knoe... i'm contradicting myself in this entire post but thats just how i feel of this whole "event" that happen to me today. And i think most people out there contradict themselves at times too... its just part and parcel of being a human being living on planet earth.

No comments: